Why Have a Mobile App?
Are your customers browsing or searching?
What happened with websites 20 years ago is exactly what’s happening now with apps and mobile technology. If you didn’t have a Website you couldn’t compete. Now, if you don’t have a Website people can’t find you. Soon we will see the same thing happen to mobile technology. If you don’t have a mobile presence the people searching for you won’t be able to find you.
When a consumer is looking for your business at home on their desktop, they are likely browsing for businesses like yours. They’ll look over your Website and see what you have to offer. They may look at other companies similar to yours and decide which one to visit. They have options and are doing research. Your Website is working for you, and if you have the information they are looking for they will likely visit you when they’re ready.
When a consumer is looking for your business on their smart phone they are actively looking for your business. They are on the go and need to find you. If your mobile presence isn’t easily accessible to them they’ll find a business that is.
They need your service now and you need to be available on that device so they can find you. Can they find you there right now?
Mobile Website vs. Mobile App
A mobile-responsive website is extremely important for your mobile presence. It allows your current and potential customers to find a quick-loading and easy-to-navigate version of your website when they do a web search for your type of business on their mobile device. If you have a mobile-responsive website you are definitely one step ahead of those who do not.
But, once they visit how often do you think they’ll search again to find your beautiful Website? Wouldn’t it be great if your business presence was right there on their phone for easy and quick access to your information?
And what if they’ve become your customers and you need to get information to them where they are right now? You can’t rely on them visiting your website at that very moment. You need to deliver it right to where they are right now. And that’s through your mobile app that is now stored ON their mobile device.
Unlike a mobile website, the customer will download and install your mobile app directly on their mobile device. It’s always with them. Every time they look at their phone, your business is on their mind. Think about how many times you look at your phone in any single day.
Did you know that 90% of all incoming push notifications (messages sent through the app) are read within 3 minutes of being received? And the open rate for push notifications is 97% versus 3% for emails. Push notifications get noticed!
All the information — audio, video, podcasts, event calendars, gifts, opt-ins, coupons, and more — they need about your business is right there at a click of a button. Anytime they want and need it. And with all the incredible features that we can add to your mobile app, it will become an engaging experience for your customers to continue coming back. For example, here are some features you can include in your app:
- Add special deals to those who have your mobile app. This develops brand loyalty and will keep your customers coming back.
- Have a special “Mobile App Day” to reward those who have downloaded your app and increase the awareness of your mobile app to those unfortunate who haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Offer discounts to events and products and announce them by using push notifications sent directly through the app to their phone.
- Create podcasts that can easily be accessed for listening, without having to search on iTunes or at your website
Remember, you’re on their mind because your app is on their phone.
70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour.
70% of online searches results in action in one month. (Mobile Marketer, 2012)
We have lots of ideas and will work with you to create, develop, and market your mobile app to your current and potential customers.
For a list of features and some examples of how your business can use them, click on the links below:
Want to get started now? Click on the button below and fill out the contact form. We will contact you within 24 hours to set up a time to talk about your ideas and brainstorm possibilities for your app.
Some interesting facts about mobile marketing:
- 91% of all smart phone users have their phone within arm’s reach 24/7. (Morgan Stanley, 2012)
- 44% of Facebook’s 900 million monthly users access Facebook on their mobile device. They are twice as active on Facebook as non-mobile users. (Facebook, 2012)
- Mobile marketing will account for 15.2% of global online ad spending by 2016. (Berg Insight, 2012)
- It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Unisys, 2012)
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action and over half lead to purchases. (Search Engine Land, 2012)
- 61% of local searches on a mobile phone result in a phone call. (Google, 2012)
- 52% of all mobile ads result in a phone call. (XAd, 2012)
Mobile Internet is now being used more than desktop Internet.
This is the new Internet. It is the fastest growing industry in history and shows no signs of slowing down.